Monday, February 27, 2012

Dentist Love

There are so many folks out there that loathe going to the dentist. There are even some people who are genuinely afraid to set foot into a dentist's office. I for one am NOT. Ever since I was a kid I have enjoyed going to the see the dentist. As a tiny tot, the dentist was one of my favorite places to go. The new and interesting sights and sounds, the really nice office ladies, and of course the toy bin at the end of your visit-I LOVED picking out a toy for being such a good girl. As I got older, and had to see a new dentist I once again fell in love with the experience. This time though it was for different reasons. This dentist was a long time friend of my step dad's and his gorgeous son (YUM) was my oldest brother Scott's BFF. LOL He was always so much fun!. He told dumb jokes and stories. I adored him. I even called him "UNCLE AL" because that's what my step siblings have always called him. And even when I had to have cavities filled or get my braces on, I still looked forward to going!

During the summer of 2009 I began to experience a dull pain in the left side of my mouth. It was just annoying for the first few days. But by the week's end I was in agony. Now, since I had set out on my own in 2005 and got my first real grown up job I had not seen a dentist. It's not that I didn't have dental insurance or anything like that. I just got lazy. So the resulting excruciating pain was no one's fault but my own. Regardless of who is to blame I HAD to get to a dentist...STAT. I asked my co-workers who they recommended and ended up going to the first one my friend suggested. Dr. Weyrauch was amazing! He informed me that I needed to see an oral surgeon ASAP. His office ladies even made the appointment for me. So over the next 2 weeks I had two root canals and then returned to Dr. Weyrauch to have a crown placed.

Well you think that I would have learned my lesson and started to have regular dental check-ups. But alas..I did not. Which brings me to my current state. I was eating conversation hearts, you know the ones that EVERYONE eats on Valentine's Day?! And all of a sudden I felt a huge crunch and I pulled out a huge chunk of my crown. Oh yes, the crown that was only 2 1/2 years old. My first thought was...SHIT, This thing cost a fortune and now I'm gonna have to replace it. Damnit it all to hell...My mouth didn't hurt, so I just went on like I didn't have 1/2 a tooth missing. But on the advice of my very wise mother and after some prodding, I called Dr. Weyrauch's office to see if there was anything they would do to help me due to the fact that the crown was only a few years old. And to my surprise he did. I did not pay anything for a brand new crown. What a great guy! So today I got my new tooth!!! Woot Woot! And they even offered to clean my teeth while I was there. Even though they found 2 cavities, a cracked veneer, and a filling that needs to be replaced (My fault once again for being a dental lazy ass) I still LOVE the freakin' dentist!!! The best part is I get to go back at least 2 more times before my next cleaning (Which YES I have already scheduled for September-Thank you very much-LOL)!

My New Tooth-(It's the one in the back by my finger!

Look how pearly white and clean my choppers are

No comments:

Post a Comment