Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday The 13th!

I have always been a bit superstitious, so today being Friday the 13th made me not want to get out of bed. On days such as this, I never want to find out exactly what the universe has in store for me because lets face it, the universe has had it in for me. Or so I thought...

This Friday the 13th was very different. One of my best friends has a B-Day that jus happened to fall on a day I wish didn't exist. But I love the heck outta her, so I sucked it up and just went with it. I bought cupcakes and a gift and set out for good ol Davis Junction to celebrate my homegirl's birthday. But once again the universe surprises the HELL outta me and today turned out to be one of the best Friday the 13ths EVER!!!

This particular friend and I have a bit of a history of bad times/fights. We have definitely put our friendship to the test. And I am ecstatic to say that we passed with flying colors!!! The amazing thing about our friendship is that we can always come back together and our bond is strengthened by the drama we have endured! I thank God for bringing her into my life. Despite the ending of my relationship with her big brother which is the whole reason we are such close friends in the first place, we decided to continue to forge ahead and remain friends. It has definitely not been easy for either one of us at certain times, but our kindred spirits have never allowed us to stay angry at each other and end our friendship. She and I have a once in a lifetime friendship, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I write this to make sure she knows how glad I am that she and I were able to work through the difficult times, and we came out soooo much stronger as friends and as people on the other side. I am a better person because I know her!!! So I guess my outlook on Friday the 13th is changing!

Happy B-Day girl!!!

And here is a few pics from our amazing B-Day fun-filled day!












No comments:

Post a Comment