Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Life Is Too Short To Be Anything But Happy

It seems as though since I turned 29  my life has done some dramatic changing!!! Change can be scary. I have always feared change and avoided the unknown at all costs. But all that changed for me  over the past few months. I wish I had an explanation for my sudden onset of clarity and contentment found in life. But whatever it was I am thankful for it, because it has allowed me to FINALLY take a good hard look at who I am, where I want to be in my life, and what's important to me. I have made some very tough, life changing, choices recently. But my new found inner peace has allowed me to become the person I have always wanted to be. It was easier and more empowering than I could ever have imagined it would be. Who would have thought there was such a bad ass chick underneath all the sarcasm and insecurity masked by a BIG personality?!

I saw this quote and immediately began to reflect on my life, the decisions & choices I have made, and the lessons I took away from all these experiences:

There was a time in my life that was full of anger and resentment. I lived only for myself...And without the slightest bit of concern for anyone else. I was hurting more than I care to remember. And because of that my life took a certain path and I hurt many people I care very deeply about. Nearly 10 years later, and with a recently acquired new outlook on life I feel all of the pain and hurt leaving my life, and spirit. I am rebuilding relationships that were strained in the process. I am lucky that sooo many people are understanding and love me enough to offer forgiveness for my selfish weaknesses.

But...I can honestly say that I am thankful for each and every experience I have had. I would not be the happy person that looks forward to the future without fear without ALL of the things I have been through.  It has taken an enormous amount of soul searching and evaluating the person I was to bring me to a point of inner peace. I have a bright outlook on life and cannot wait to see what the next 10 years has to offer me!!! Bring it on 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment