Friday, December 9, 2011

The EveryDay SuperHero Legacy-The Origins...

As most of you know I have always thought of myself as a superhero of sorts. The EveryDay SuperHero to be exact. My life's work allows me to touch lives in a way that very few others can. I have the ability to ease pain, save lives, support grieving families/patients, laugh and cry with them daily, and many other very amazing things. My calling as a nurse has changed me forever. But I'm sad to say that I cannot take credit for anything about this phenomenon other than the hard work I put in to become the best nurse I can be. Oh no, you see because I am not the only one w/ this SuperHero heart. Both my brothers are EveryDay SuperHeroes as well.
My oldest brother Scott is a cop and puts himself in harms way to help others and keep us safe. And my brother Steveis a fireman/paramedic that saves lives and doesn't think twice about running into burning buildings. But that is not beginning...It all started w/ our SuperHero mom. It is her heart and desire to help others that has made our family one full of extraordinary people that help others and save lives every day at work.! I refer to this as the Crawford SuperHero Heart, but the truth is that my mom's spirit and The Conner blood that courses through our veins are what made all of us humble enough to serve others.  Is it possible to have so much selflessness is one family? The Crawford Family is proof. And the most amazing part of this is I see that beautiful selfless soul and giving heart carrying on to the next generation!
There are already 4 Crawford boys and another one on the way in the next generation of EveryDay SuperHeroes. And I can already see that the legacy continues. What a way to show our one of a kind mom how much she means to not only us but to the world! So stay tuned for future installments as I headline each of The Crawford Boys and their amazingness!

No comments:

Post a Comment