Friday, January 1, 2016

Is It Still The 1950's?! Cuz I Thought It Was 2016...

I figured why not start out 2016 with a post that is designed for exactly what my blog is titled to be about. So here it goes, my first rant of the new year. I woke up early this morning, and started my day as I usually do...scrolling through Facebook. I came across a very interesting post by one of my friends. Her post definitely sparked some anger inside me. So I feel the need to rant. Here is the facebook post from my friend Jackie: "Tonight I was told that women don't belong in the fire service, and by another woman. Usually I don't make huge deals about things like that... But I've worked my ASS off to get where I'm at. I've gone through paramedic school being the only female in the class and having to prove that I've EARNED the spot I fought for. I've gone through the fire academy with 16 people and 13 of those people happen to be men. I've proven myself, maybe more than other with how dedicated I am to this service. And I know quite a few other woman who are strong, amazing, and dedicated woman that have accomplished this and much more. I have proven myself OVER AND OVER again being a firefighter. To have someone tell me I don't belong in the career I have successfully dedicated my life to is UNACCEPTABLE. I'm making the clear that no matter what you wanna do... It's Not something you can never accomplish. You put your mind to something you will definitely be able to achieve your goal. I know I did. And I'm pursing that goal even further. Never let hurtful words decipher who you are or what you should do. Because that's exactly what they are is words. If there's anything 2015 taught me, it's that I'm always gunna be the bigger better person and that I don't need negativity like that in my life. So goodbye to that unrealistic attitude and hello 2016. I've been looking forward to you." I felt the need to comment immediately. Here's what I had to say "F*** that girl. Its bitches like her that give women in general a bad name. This is not 1950. U are amazing and deserve what u worked so hard for. Don't let the ignorant opinion of a stereotypical dumb broad bring u down. And when her house is on fire or she needs a medic, she better pray for a public servant as amazing as you. Cuz in her time of need she'll be begging for someone like you to save her miserable self. Next time some sexest bitch says anything to you, you tell them that jealousy is an ugly color on her and that she's only jealous that you are part of a boys club she only wishes she was strong enough to be a part of. Ur the coolest chick I know. I couldn't do what you do. Keep doin ur thing! #JealousBitches #DontGiveThemTheTimeOfDay #BitchIsLuckyIWasntThere" For anyone that knows my friend Jackie, they know that she is one of the most dedicated, hard working, badass chicks ever. Jackie's post talks about being the bigger person. And she always is. She has much more grace that I could ever hope to have. I can honestly say I've never had to deal with anything like Jackie must have to on a regular basis. I can't even begin to imagine how she handles comments and stupid opinions like that. But I have to say that dumb b**** was lucky I wasn't there. Because it's situations like that where I have absolutely no problem telling it like it is. It's been said "When you're dealing with pigs, sometimes you gotta roll around in the mud. That conversation would have gone as follows "Oh honey did you mean to say that out loud?! And what's that all over your upper lip? Oh it must be the haterade that you've been guzzling. Let me just tell you somethin' sweetie, jealousy is a very ugly color on you. So why don't you take your sexist, ignorant opinion back to 1950 where it belongs." I'm still trying to figure out where an uneducated opinion against your own gender even comes from. At the end of the day though, I think Jackie has the right idea. Ignoring stupid people, bettering yourself, continuing to grind, and accomplishing your goals is the best way to be. "The best revenge against haters is to live well." So, to all those women living and thriving in a man's world...Keep that shit up! Cuz, y'all are my heros!

No comments:

Post a Comment