Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 2016-What's Plaquing Me

The first week of this new year is coming to and end. I've decided to write on this blog as often as I can...about all the things I'm thinking, feeling, dealing with and going through.

Everyone that knows me, knows that I've always been kinda sickly. If there are germs around, they find there way into my body. Well for the last 6 weeks or so, I have had a terrible respiratory illness plaguing me and wreaking havoc on my body. Being sick for so long is weighing heavily on my psyche. It's seriously making me depressed. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired...Literally. I have reached my breaking point. I'm a terrible patient. I always have been. I don't like doctors or hospitals. Go figure right?! Cuz I work in health care and I'm surrounded by them all day long. But it's different when I am the patient. And for this reason I have no primary Doctor.
So I have had to resort to another provider to help me with this plague. I am now on steroids daily and albuterol nebulizer treatments. But let me tell you, the side effects are wicked bad. The treatments give me the jitters so bad that I can't even sit still. And the steroids cause excessive sweating. After the first dose I had to take 2 showers and change my jammies 3 times in 6 hours. It's really kinda pitiful...

Here...judge for yourselves...Hopefully I can overcome this sickness soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment