Sunday, January 10, 2016

On My Way To A Healthier Day

I do a lot of my contemplation and self reflection in the car. I think that stems from the extended amounts of time I have spend in the car over the last few years. Driving 45 min one way to work will give a girl some serious time to soul search. Well today was no different. As I was driving, I was mulling over all the changes I have been wanted to make, but for one reason or another haven't yet. And I realized how different the last few months have been compared to...well the last 10 years of my life. I made a huge decision a few months ago that has jump started this massive change for me. But I will leave that sorted tale for another post...You're welcome. LOL I realized that 2016 is going to be a very different year. And I am so excited about it. So I have decided to stick to my goal of documenting my life here. 

I wanted to be able to look back at my journey. This post is the start of my journey back to a healthy me. I have really let stress, life and many other factors hinder my health, specifically letting myself get fat. It gas been quite a journey let me tell you. And I know it was a lot more fun to abuse my body, with all things bad for me then it will be to transition to a healthy lifestyle, but it needs to happen...badly. With the help and encouragement of a very dear friend, and after watching her journey to a healthier her I am inspired. So, I went out and bought some new shoes and workout gear, downloaded the MyFitnessPal app, got a gym membership and got rid of all the unhealthy food in my house. I know this is all just the beginning of making a real lifestyle change. Now my goal is not to be some body builder or ever be a size 2. I really juat want to be healthier. I will continue to post about all the good, the bad, and the ugly along the way. Stay tuned. 

And this ER nurse turned photog could not document anything without a few photos. So here I am! And of course 1 photo of all my new workout gear!




No comments:

Post a Comment