Sunday, September 18, 2011

East Side, Maroon Pride-10 Yrs & Counting!

Well...It has finally happened. I woke up one day and 10 years had gone by. Hey class of 2001 can you believe it has been 10 freakin' years?! I sure can't. It was not until an EHS  Class of 2001 group popped up on Facebook that the realization of how old we really are finally hit me...SIGH...But on a positive note, I am completely stoked about our reunion! So, look out Elgin, here comes the dopest class that ever graduated from EHS! I have a feeling this experience is gonna be one for the record books!

Lately I've been reminiscing about the last 10 years, and all the things I have done and seen in that time. It's amazing how many happy and sad, awesome and tragic etc things I have been a part of over the last 10 years. I went to college, lived on my own, lost my brother tragically, graduated nursing school, and now I save lives everyday in the Neuro/Trauma/Burn ICU I work in. I lost my father at age 25 (which by the way is way too young to lose a parent and make funeral arrangements). I have experienced some really bad relationships and some great ones, I've met some amazing people, made sooo many great friends along the way and some that weren't so great. But ALL of these experiences have forever changed me and my path in life.

I then began to think that if I have been through this much and I have changed sooo much since HS, what the heck will everyone else have to share! With all of these thoughts running through my head the excitement has overtaken me! I literally cannot wait to see everyone and hear all about their journeys! I also am very excited to share the trials and tribulations that have molded me into the person I am today...10 years later!





No comments:

Post a Comment