Monday, September 5, 2011

My Newest Adventure!!!


 Being a Neuro/Trauma/Burn ICU nurse is and has always been an adventure. It is full of any range and/or combination of emotions. And sometimes I experience the entire spectrum of emotions all in the same shift. This can be trying and weigh on me at times. With that said, I could never do anything else in my life. Saving lives is what I love...It is who I am.


So, when I am not performing my life's work as "The EveryDay SuperHero" I try really hard to find exciting new ways to fill my time and new outlets to express myself. I absolutely love photography and really enjoy embarking on fantastic fun filled photo excursions and all that goes along with that!!! Well, last weekend my little sister mentioned to me that she and her BF were going out Geocahing, I was like..."WTH is that?!" She laughed and tried to explain it to me. My interest was definitely peaked to say the least!!! But I was still very confused about how it all works. No kidding right?! Unless you Geocach yourself, you are probably thinking the same thing I was, "What in the world is Geocaching?!" Allow me to try and explain...Geocaching is a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers, called Geocaches, using GPS-enabled devices and then share their experiences online. So of course I begged my sister to let me and my Sony tag along to see what all the hype was about. For those of you that don't know...My Sony A380 DSLR camera is my BFF and my right hand man! It goes almost everywhere with me!

As we drove off for my first ever Geocaching adventure the anticipation continued to build!!! My creative mind started racing...My head was filled with sooo many ideas! I was almost giddy at the thought of it all! I could not contain my excitement about all the amazing things we would see along the way and the great photographic opportunities I was gonna have!!! What an adventure it was too!!! That first Geocaching  expedition with my little sister and her BF was beyond incredible!!! I had more fun than I've had in a while, and the pictures I took were awesome!!!

 Just an FYI-Geocaching lived up to everything I was told it would be...And MUCH MUCH MORE!!! I am hooked!!! This awesome treasure hunting hobby has opened my eyes to the big big world we live in. It continues to provide me with sooo many creative opportunities for artistic expression through photography! I cannot wait to see where My Newest Adventure takes me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment